Sunday, August 19, 2012

Women Veteran prayer breakfast

I'm a "do it big or go home" kinda person who likes to be a part of the picture but not THE picture. I'm happy enjoying the joy of others lives and get a kick out of seeing people's dreams realized. I also like to walk around in my "jams" (pajamas) and blog or update statuses from my king sized bed. I'm NOT complicated but I do like what I like and bristle at what I don't.
I went to an event on Saturday for veteran women and I was pleased beyond measure. I mean Dr. T did it up for veteran women. Veteran women were running the event, speaking MC showcasing their products and just plain "getting it done." I am so in awe at how each woman has found her niche area and is working in her community in her own way.
I was so enthusiastic about the event I went to the veteran and told her personally how impressive the event was and my experience there.
I also got to hug Shoshanna and have her sign the book she authored with Mary Doyle- who also signed my copy of her book. One of my running buddies Gayle, a retired Army major, went with me. We had a ball!
We need to support events going on in our community which recognize veteran women in a positive light.
I also realized that we fail or don't have ultimate successes because we don't engage our best assets in our community. It's a mentality that "I can do this" on my own. I like collaborating and not dictatorship. Each organization bring their own stuff to the table and it indelibly makes the sum total of the whole that much more .

No comments: